CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERS (CHWs)
The Youth Employment Agency is partnering the Ghana Health Service to rollout the CHW Programme in line with Regulation 1(b) of the Youth Employment Agency Regulation 2016 (L.I. 2231).
The Community Health Workers (CHW) Programme seeks to augment the community health workforce to improve access to health services in rural communities and contribute to achieving
Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and responding to COVID-19. Under the programme, beneficiaries are to be engaged by the Youth Employment Agency to work closely with the Ghana Health Service at the community level.
Successful applicants will be posted strictly to the communities they reside. STICE
1. Persons within the ages of 18-35 years (females are encouraged to apply)
2. Minimum qualification of Senior High School education with passes in English and Mathematics.
3. Applicants must be fluent in English and at least one local language.
4. Ability to use (or learn to use) a smart phone.
5. Only short-listed applicants who successfully complete the CHW training programme will be engaged.
ROLE OF THE COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERS
The Community Health Worker is not a health professional but a person recruited by the YEA from the community within which he/she lives and has been given basic orientation to serve as service delivery bridge between the respective communities and service delivery points thereby facilitating the work of Community Health Nurses, Community Health Officers and midwives in the various communities.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants must apply through this link in red. Click on the link below to apply.
DEADLINE: 28th September, 2022
Aplicants should note that application is free of charge.
Source : Honestynewsgh.com
Join us on WHATSAPP for more authentic educational news updates.