Applications are requested from journalists across Africa for the BBC News Komla Dumor award. This awards aim to uncover and promote fresh talents from the continent.
Applications close on 14 February 2023 at 23:59 GMT.
The winner of the award will spend three month at the BBC Headquarters in London, gaining skills and experience.
The award according to BBC was established to honour Komla Dumor, an exceptional Ghanaian broadcaster and presenter of BBC World News who died at age 41 in 2014.
You must also have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent journalism skills, including in digital and social media.
- Broadcasting experience is preferable.
- An excellent broadcasting voice and strong presenting skills with the ability to perform at the microphone with flair.
- The ability to identify and pitch a strong original African story idea, aligned to the BBC editorial guidelines http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/
- Wide and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the African continent, including politics, business, culture, history and sport.
- Fluency in English as a first or equivalent language.
Additional requirements for all applicants
- You must provide a CV (maximum two pages) / complete a careers hub profile.
- You must hold or be able to obtain a valid passport
- You must not be a current or former member of BBC staff.
- If successful, your employer must be willing to release you for three months from September 2023 for you to travel on your own to take up your placement in London.
- The visa requires that you hold a degree or are studying towards a degree equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- References, proof of employment, birth certificate, passport, an appropriate UK visa and proof of level of English will be required from shortlisted candidates.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.The awardee must be able to secure an appropriate UK visa, which the BBC will arrange and pay for on the awardee’s behalf. The BBC will withdraw the offer of a placement, if an appropriate UK visa cannot be obtained.
2. Awards is not opened to employees in BBC.
3. You must provide the BBC with your name, email and postal address if you wish to enter for this award.
4. The BBC will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this award, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
5. Award winner will be contacted personally.
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY
Komla Dumor Award apply now
Source : BBC NEWS