As part of the Resolutions passed by the Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT) during its 6th Quadrennial National Delegates Conference and the 90th Anniversary the Cancer fund dues which had been deducted from all members salary for years now by the Association has been increased.
Previously, an amount of Ghc2.00 was deducted from its members salary at the end of every month. But as part of the new Resolutions currently the fund dues has been increased to Ghc5.00 effective January, 2022.
The increment of the fund dues according to GNAT will go a long way to benefit the members in a meritorious way such as treatment of life threatening diseases such as KIDNEY and HEPATITIS B. The benefits has also been extended to cover all retired members of the association (GNAT).
BELOW ARE OTHER RESOLUTIONS PASSED BY GNAT NATIONAL DELEGATES CONFERENCE
ORGANIZATION AND ADMINISTRATION
1. That GNAT Headquarters should, as a matter of urgency, complete the creation of the remaining ten(10) District Secretariats approved by the National Delegates Conference in 2014
2. That orientation courses be organized for newly-elected Executive members and School Representatives
3. That GNAT should provide permanent secretariats and duty post accommodation for the Districts
4. That GNAT should advocate for the GES to recruit qualified teachers from deprived Districts and post them to the same area.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
1. That the GNAT/CTF programme be expanded to cover more teachers
2. That GNAT works hand in hand with the GES and NaCCA, to expedite action on the provision of text books and all other logistics needed by the schools to enhance the smooth implementation of the Standard Based Curriculum.
3. That GNAT impresses upon GES to provide regular in-service training for its employees
4.That GNAT impresses upon the GES to grant study leave with pay to qualified teachers pursuing second degrees in Education related courses and be put on the next rank, upon successful completion.
5.That GNAT advocate for Government to implement the policy of preferential treatment to teachers in deprived areas, when granting study leave with pay
6. That GNAT works with the GES to train teachers on the new Curriculum, as well as provide all teaching and learning resources needed in the schools for its implementation.
7. That GNAT impresses upon the GES to pay T&T/transfer grants to deserving teachers, promptly.
SOCI-ECONOMIC, POLITICAL AND GENDER ISSUES
1. That the GNAT Housing Scheme should be reintroduced, to take care of the housing needs of members
2. That teachers fund should expand the politing of reducing processing period, to cover other Districts
3. The Cancer Fund be increased to five Ghana Cedis (GHC5.00). The treatment of other life threatening diseases such as Kidney and Hepatitis B be added, and extended to cover retired GNAT members.
4. That GNAT considers bringing back the diaries to supplement other souvenirs to be provided in any year.
5. That Government provides scholarship for, at least, a ward of every teacher at the tertiary level.
6. That GNAT ensures that the GES provides accommodation for teachers in underserved communities.
7. That the GES ensures that culprits who attack teachers are dealt with expeditiously, to serve as deterrent to others.
JOIN our FACEBOOK GROUP or join us
on WHATSAPP for more authentic educational news updates.
You Can Also Join Our TELEGRAM Avenue For More updates