The Controller and Accountants General’s Department in a statement released today signed by Kwesi- Kwaning Bosompem has stated emphatically to all teachers and the general public that the deductions made on the professional allowance was authorised by the Ghana Education Service and the three Teacher Unions.
Below is the full statement
“The attenion of the Controller and Accountants General’s Department has been drawn to a publication captioned sad news for GH teachers as Controller deducted 1,194.93ghc from ther November salary”.
“The publication alleging that the Controller and Accountant-General’s Department as
effected controversial decuctions from the November 2021 salaries of teachers, has
unfortunately received wide circulation on social media as well as other airwaves.”
“We find this to bevery unfortunate, as clarifications from the Controller and Accountant General’s Department were not sought prior to the publication for the sake of faimess and objectivity.”
Kindly Note that;
1. The Controller and Accountant-General processes the Government of Ghana
Payroll on behalf of the MDAs/MMDAs.
2. All Third-Party deductions are agreements between the Institutions and their employees/clients.
3. The Ghana Education Service officially wrote to request for the deduction of 30% of the cost of laptops supplied to teachers under the One-Teacher-One-laptop
programme amounting to 509.55ghc. The 70% of the cost of the laptop is being
borne by the Government of Ghana.
4. The Ghana Education Service officially wrote to request for the deduction of 100.00ghc as Teacher Licensing Fee.
5. These deductions, per the letters we received were as a result of agreements between the Ghana Education Service and the various Teacher Unions.
6. The Controller and Accountant-General will NOT unillaterally effect deductions from salaries without the necessary authorisation.
“We however wish to assure all employees paid on the Government of Ghana payrol,
especially Our cherished Teachers that the Controller and Accountant-General will
always ensure everyone is paid what is legitimately due him/ her”
PLEASE TAP ON THE BLUE LINKS BELOW TO JOIN OUR PLATFORMS FOR MORE AUTHENTIC UPDATES AND DISCUSSION
You Can Also Join Our TELEGRAM Avenue For More updates
YOU CAN REACH US ON WHATSAPP VIA 0559257180 FOR ANY ENQUIRIES AND PUBLICATION.