Commonwealth masters scholarships for teachers
WHAT IS COMMONWEALTH MASTER’S SCHOLARSHIP?
The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are global programmes that is controlled and operated by the Commonwealth governments for citizens of other Commonwealth countries.
The Commonwealth masters scholarships offer funding to talented Masters students from Commonwealth nation’s for full-time or distance learning Masters at a UK University, depending on the scholarship scheme.
The Commonwealth Master’s scholarship has three main schemes. You can choose one based on where you are from and where you wish to study your masters.
1. Commonwealth Distance scholarships: It is offered to students to study a part-time UK masters degree while living in their own countries.
To complete your application, you will also need to submit these supporting documents:
1. Proof that you are a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country (like a National ID)
2. Full transcripts from your previous degree(s)
3. Two references
Once you’ve applied, the CSC will assess you on three main criteria. Your academic merit, the quality of your study plan/research proposal and the impact of your research on your home country.
Applications for the Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
Applications for the Commonwealth Masters Scholarship for the 2024/25 academic year are open until 17 October 2023. Applications for the other schemes are yet to open for the next academic year.
Commonwealth masters scholarships: It is offered to citizens of middle or low income Commonwealth countries for a one-year masters degree at partner UK Universities.
What Successful Applicants Get From Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
Full tuition fee cover
1. Monthly allowance worth £1,347 per month
2. Air fare to and from your home country
Study-related travel expenses
3. If you have children and are widowed, divorced or a single parent, you’ll be eligible for child allowance worth £576.61 per month for the first child and then £143 per month for the second and third child if they are under the age of 16.
Commonwealth shared scholarships: It is offered to students who have not studied abroad extensively and cannot afford a full-time masters in the UK. Shared scholarships are partially supported by the UK Universities and you must be enrolled into an eligible course to apply.
The CSC Funds – Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
1. Airfare to and from your home country
2. Thesis grants to help cover the cost of preparing your dissertation
3. Study-related travel expenses
The university provides a monthly allowance worth £1,236 per month
How To Apply- Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
1. Please ensure that you check with the nominating agency in your home country for the relevant deadlines for your application.
2. Applications should be made through either a selected non-governmental organisation and charitable body or through your national nominating agency for Commonwealth scholarships in your home country.
3. The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission expects all Commonwealth Scholarship candidates to be nominated by an approved nominating body, and to have completed an application form online using the Electronic Application System (EAS). There is no charge for candidates who apply using this online application system.
NOTE : To begin your online application, you’ll need a scanned copy of your passport, your academic transcript, your existing university degree certificate, two references and your admission letter if you have one.
Objectives of UK Commonwealth Scholarships for Teachers
The Commonwealth Scholarships for Teachers in Africa program, established by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC), is designed to enhance educational systems in Commonwealth countries by nurturing highly skilled educators who can contribute effectively to sustainable development. The program primarily focuses on improving the quality of teaching and learning in primary and secondary sectors.