The management of the University of Development and Professional Studies is hereby inviting suitable applicants for admission into 4-Year PhD in International Security (UPSA PhD Admission )
“Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for admission to the University’s 4-Year Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in International Security and Intelligence for the 2023/2024 Academic Year.”
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS – UPSA PhD Admission
Applicants with any of the following qualifications from any university accredited by Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC):MPhil, MSc, MA or MBA in Peace and Security, Diplomacy, International Relations, and Law from an accredited university or college, with a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
Applicants with MPhil, MSc, MA or MBA in other disciplines from an accredited university or college, with a minimum CGPA 3.0 may be considered. In such instance, an experience in security, diplomacy and international relations could be an added advantage.
Format: blend of taught courses and research.
1.Applicants with degrees from foreign
universities are required to have their academic qualifications certificates to be evaluated by GTEC prior to their offer of admission.
2. Applicants must pass a selection interview which will be conducted at the discretion of the admission panel.
3. IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants who do not
meet any of the requirements Must Not Apply.
4. Fees paid to the University are NOT refundable.
Deadline for Application: 12th May, 2023
PhD IN ACCOUNTING
The PhD Accounting Programme offers students the ability to acquire relevant skills for the conduct of research into phenomena leading to the discovery and application of knowledge in accounting and to develop critical thinking skills necessary for the acquisition of relevant knowledge needed in the design, execution and presentation of original research in accounting.
The programme also aims at helping students to understand relevant research methodologies, techniques and analytical frameworks from other fields of study that have relevant applications in accounting, appreciate research ethical challenges confronting the academy.
DURATION: FOUR (4) YEARS
Prospective applicants are required to have any of the following qualifications:
• A master’s degree by research or coursework in Accounting with a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
• A Master’s degree by research or coursework in other business-related disciplines with a minimum CGPA of 3.0, in addition to a professional qualification in Accounting.
• A Master’s degree by research or coursework in a non-business discipline with a minimum CGPA of 3.0, in addition to a professional qualification in Accounting, will be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
• Applicants with degrees from foreign universities are required to have their academic certificates evaluated by Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) prior to their offer of admission.