Here are all you need to know about University of Cape Coast, UCC Distance Education admission procedures in order to secure an admission.
These procedures are for students seeking for admission either Mature Entrance, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Distance.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS NOTICE – UCC DISTANCE EDUCATION ADMISSION PROCEDURES
1. Applicants will be given a receipt or text message containing a pin and serial number at the various Sale Centres. This will be used to complete the Application Form Online.
2. Applicants should take the receipt to the nearest Study Centre Coordinator for further instructions.
3. Online applicants should visit application.ucc.edu.gh, then go to Admissions and click on Apply Online for further instructions.
4. Applicants should then select DISTANCE application type.
5. All applicants are required to provide the following information on the large EMS envelope:
* application reference number
* names in full, no abbreviations accepted
* address study/examination centre
* contact number
* programme – which should be hand written.
6. Applicants should ensure that all WASSCE/SSSCE results are verified.
Note : A copy of the Confirmation Page together with a copy of Academic Transcript and Certificates should be submitted to the nearest College of Distance Education Study Centre or to any branch of Ghana Post Office.
Submission Of Copies Of Completed Application Forms – UCC Distance Education Admission Procedures
1. Two Copies Of Completed Online Application Forms Accompanied By Two Copies Of Result Slips, Certificates And Transcripts Should Be Sent To The Nearest College Of Distance Education (CoDE) Study Centres Or To The Ghana Post.
2. Hard Copies Of The Completed Online Application Forms Should Reach The Admissions Unit, College Of Distance Education.
3. Application Forms Received Without Application Reference Numbers, Photocopies Of Certificates, Results Slips/Final GPA Of Transcripts Will Not Be Processed.
4. Keep Photocopies Of The Confirmation Page And Receipt With Pin And Serial Numbers For Reference Purposes.
6. Application Reference Numbers Should Be Quoted When Communicating With The College.
7. No Change Of Programme Will Be Allowed After Submission Of The Application On-Line.
8. Foreign Applicants Will Pay Their Fees In US Dollars.
Mature Entrance Examination- UCC Distance Education Admission
Applicants who do not meet the specified requirements for Direct Entry into the above programmes can gain admission to the programme when they pass a Mature Entrance Examination (MEE).
Preparatory classes are held at selected Examination Centres throughout the country to enhance applicants’ chances at passing the Entrance Examination.
Applicants seeking admission as Mature Candidates should be at least 25 years old by the time application.
Applicants should attach copy of birth certificate that is at least five years old at the time of the application.
Also, applicants must have any one of the following:
1. Minimum of WASSCE/SSSCE (i.e. D7, E8 or E) or G.C.E. ‘O’ Level Certificate NVTI Certificate
2. Holders of NABPTEX Certificate or Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) Certificate awarded by the Technical Examination Unit of GES.
Applicants should have a background in the preferred programme.
THE MAIN PAPERS
The main examinations for candidates will comprise;
1. Aptitude Test
2. General Paper
Special examinations in Mathematics and English Language for candidates who do not have credit passes at G.C.E. ‘O’ Level (grade 6 or better) or WASSCE/SSSCE (grade C6/D or better).
NB: Applicants are to note that the preparatory classes in the lead up to the Mature Entrance Examination shall take place at the designated examination centres.
NB: Applicants who do not have credit passes in English and Mathematics at either WASSCE/SSSCE or G.C.E. ‘O’ Level would be required to register for and pass special examinations in those subjects.
Source : Honestynewsgh.com
FOR ADVERTISEMENT PLEASE CALL 0265806521 SO THAT YOUR BUSINESS CAN REACH OVER 5000 PEOPLES EVERY SINGLE DAY