Baker Hughes Scholarship at University of Ghana
Baker Hughes a wholly-owned affiliate Baker
Hughes Technology LTD has been engaged in infrastructure development in Ghana for several years, notably through the supply of technology, services and know-how, training initiatives, investment and supply chain development in the power, transportation and healthcare sectors.
Baker Hughes will provide a flat-rated scholarship support through the “the BH Scholarship'”, for the benefit of certain University of Ghana under- graduate students in the areas of BA Computer
Science and some BSc Applied Sciences during the 2022/2023 academic year. Scholarships are renewable annually provided they maintain a Grade
Point Average of (GPA) 3.0 or better.
The Scholarship covers academic and residential fees and book allowance. In addition, leadership training and limited Internship may be offered as long as an excellent academic standard of at least a
3.0 CGPA continues to be met and need is
The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is
accepting 2022/23 applications for the award of the Baker Hughes Scholarship for UG students from areas of need reading BA Computer Science or any of the following
2. APPLIED SCIENCES @ University of Ghana:
School of Engineering:
1. Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
2. Bachelor of Science in Material Science and Engineering
School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
1. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
2. Bachelor of Science in Earth Science
3. Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
You are eligible to apply if you:
1. Are a Ghanaian.
2. Are a University of Ghana regular student.
3. Obtained an aggregate of 15 or better at the WASSCE or CGPA 3.0.
4. Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
5. Have the will to succeed (determination,
perseverance and success in other pursuits).
6. Are reading BA Computer Science or Basic
Applied Sciences in the following areas: BSc in Information Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Earth Science, Computer
Engineering or Computer Science.
7. Will maintain at least a 3.0 CGPA
8. Are of a Good Conduct. Download and submit a completed BH- SFAO FORM AF
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades), letters of recommendation and Admission and other supporting need documents.
You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/response on your application is not clear.
For enquiries call the Students Financial Aid Office on 020-518-6904/0302- 945-312 or email [email protected]. The Students Financial Aid Office is located at No. 11 East Legon – Main Campus behind the College of Basic and Applied Sciences and opposite CEGENSA.
EXAMPLES OF SOME SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
1.Official pay slip or payroll record of
parents/guardians or the applicant.
2. Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of
school going age.
3. Tax return receipts- IRS, VAT, tabletop
hawking receipts, etc.
4. Birth Certificates (of siblings).
5. Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
6. Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
7. Bank Statements/ Ghana Cocoa Board
Farmers Association Passbook.
8. SSNIT Contribution statements.
9. Money transfer receipts.
10. National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
11. Evidence of other dependents of
12. Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
• High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
• West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
• University Acceptance Letter
Records regarding achievement tests,
academic awards, honors, and substantive
assessments by Headmaster/mistress,
teachers, including letters of recommendation.
• Confirm that you are not currently receiving
support through any other scholarship
Please Note: It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based upon accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right
students get financial support and that the integrity of the University of Ghana Students Financial Aid programme is preserved.