Accra College of Education 2023/2024 Admission opened for all interested applicants. Here are all the information needed to understand before applying.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for admission into the NEW FOUR-YEAR BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (B.Ed) DEGREE PROGRAMME in the Forty-Six (46) Public Colleges of Education in Ghana for the 2023/2024 academic year.
A. WASSCE /SSSCE Applicants
The general requirement for admission to the 4-Year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme is as follows:
i. WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising
Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language, and Core Mathematics,
and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
ii. SSSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising Three
(3) Core subjects, including Engish Language, and Core Mathematics, and
Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
Awaiting Applicants Forms.
Candidates who are yet to write either the 2023 WASSCE or NABPTEX examinations can also apply.
B. General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level Applicants.
Have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade
D or better), and also have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level
subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and a Science subject (for
non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
C. Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants.
Have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
Have credit passes in five (5) subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business
Certificate Examination (GBCE).
D. Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
Possess Certificate ll in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate Il in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
Have NABPTEX certificate l in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
Possess a National Certificate Il qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
E. Foreign Qualifications All foreign qualifications should be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) for the determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission into Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana.
Note: It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL, etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
F. The Bachelor of Education Programmes currently offered in the Colleges of Education are the following:
I. B.Ed. Early Grade Education
Online Application Procedure:
a. Applicants will first make a payment of Two Hundred and Thirty Ghana
Cedis (GHS230.00) into the Colleges of Education, Ghana Account at any branch of the following bank nationwide:
b. Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG) Limited.
C. YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT SIR QUARMS ON 0265806521 FOR YOUR E-VOUCHER
II. Upon payment, applicants will receive the following key information:
a. Personal ldentification Number (PIN).
b. An Admission Application Serial Number.
c. The Admission Website Address- admission.coeportal.edu.gh
GUIDELINES/NOTES FOR THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
1.Applicants should use the PIN to visit the Colleges of Education admission website: and follow specific guidelines to fill the online application form.
2. Applicants are advised to read and ensure that they fully understand all relevant instructions especially programmes offered in a particular college before completing the application form.
3. Applicants are to note that application forms which are not properly completed will not be processed.
4. Applicants should select 1″, 2nd, and 3rd choice of three Colleges of Education in order of their preference for their programme of study, and must select any one of the Ghanaian Languages offered in a particular college.
5. After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to:
The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice.
6. Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and should therefore provide correct and reliable mobile phone numbers when completing the application form online.
I. B.Ed. Primary Education
II. B.Ed. JHS Education
Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
Applicants are to note that the Colleges of Education will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the
Applicants found to have submitted fake or
falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
LIST OF COLLEGES OF EDUCATION WITH THEIR PROGRAMME SPECIALISMS AND THE PUBLIC UNIVERSITY TO WHICH EACH COLLEGE IS AFFILIATED.
Each of the forty six (46) public Colleges of Education is affiliated to the under listed public universities and certificates would be awarded by the affiliate University to students who successfully complete their programmes
A. UNIVERSITY OF GHANA (UG), LEGON
1. Accra College of Education: Primary, Early Grade and JHS Education
2. Peki College of Education: Primary, Early Grade, and JHS Education
3. Mount Mary College of Education, Somanya : Primary and JHS Education
4. Enchi College of Education: Primary, Early Grade. and JHS Education
5. E.P College of Education, Amedzofe : Primary, Early Grade, and JHS Education
6. Gbewaa College of Education, Pusiga : Primary and JHS Education
B. UNIVERSITY FOR DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (UDS), TAMALE
1. Tumu College of Education: Primary, and Early Grade
2. McCoy College of Education, Nadowli: Primary, and JHS Education
3. Dambai College of Education: Primary, Early Grade and JHS Education
4. Gambaga College of Education: Primary, Early Grade and JHS
5. St. Vincent College of Education Yendi: Primary, Early Grade and JHS Education
6. Al-Farug College of Education, Wenchi: Primary, Early Grade and JHS Education